Primary schools in the Blacktown Local Government Area are outperforming students at similar schools across the country in key NAPLAN subjects, new data shows. A recent article in the Blacktown Advocate named St John Vianney’s Primary, Holy Cross Primary and Mary Immaculate Primary School as ranking in the Top 10 for the Blacktown area.
The 2018 NAPLAN results, uploaded to the Australia Curriculum Assessment and Reporting Authority’s My School website this week, showed which primary schools across the Blacktown area achieved results “above” or “substantially above” other schools with similar students.
NAPLAN tests assess primary students in years 3 and 5 and high school students in years 7 and 9 in literacy and numeracy.
The results of students with a similar Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage (ICSEA), were compared by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority to determine how schools fared against others with similar challenges and opportunities.
Year 3 students St John Vianney’s Primary School achieved results “significantly above” similar schools in at least one subject.
Top 10 High-Achieving Primary Schools in Blacktown
- Quakers Hill Public School
- Caddie Creek Public School
- Rouse Hill Anglican College
- John Palmer Public School
- Australian Islamic College of Sydney
- St John Vianney’s Primary School
- Kings Langley Public School
- Norwest Christian College
- Holy Cross Primary School
- Mary Immaculate Primary School